We wanted to give you an update about what we are doing here at the Pawnbroker Advisory Conference to support you and your travel plans. As the fear and uncertainty around novel coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to change daily, we are doing everything we can to monitor the situation both in the state of Florida and nationally. This includes taking suggestions from the CDC the WHO, the resort and more. The resort currently is experiencing record sales during what is their busiest month of the season (spring break) and have not had to cancel any events in this time frame as well. Right now, given that we are still months away from the event and that a lot can change and happen in that timeframe, we have not made any changes to the dates or plans to reschedule the event that is scheduled currently for May 6-8th. That being said, we will continue to monitor this situation daily and if the situation changes and calls for us to reschedule, we will keep everyone updated as we get closer to these actual dates. With our event planning to be closer to 200 people and much smaller than sporting events and concerts, while there is a still a risk, that the risk is much less than the larger events that have already been canceled such as the NBA, NHL, MLB and more according to the CDC. Many factors can change between now and the event dates but ss stated before, the event is still scheduled as planned and we will keep you posted with more updates in the near future.
Here is a summary from the CDC:
- There are no travel restrictions to and from Florida except Europe and China.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Stay home if you are sick, except to get medical care. Learn what to do if you are sick.
- Take Extra precautions if you are high risk for flu and other viral infections (over 70 years old and having chronic issues like lung or respiratory issues and chronic heart disease.
Currently if you have made reservations for the resort, there is no need to change them because your credit card will not been charged until check in date. Furthermore, the resort has assured us that, if in the event the dates need to be changed or rescheduled, we are able to make those changes at any time without fear of charges to our credit cards. Please keep your reservations current as of now and we will keep you posted every step of the way. We aim to do what is right and for the Pawnbrokers at all times. We have also attached the Hilton’s press release to us as event holders at their resorts. Please review this and let us know if you have any questions.